Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just Hangin'

So, what have you all been up too?  We have just been hanging around here in our sweet, little escape-the-summer-heat, mountain home of Ruidoso, New Mexico - and we're loving every minute!  The gold finches and hummingbirds are busy feeding, the golf balls are flying straight and long, and life is grand!  =]




We had a wonderful visit earlier this month with Dennis' daughter and her family.  Amy and Rick, Anna and Ellie, and Balou and Boomer (the dogs) brought their RV up and we all had a grand time.  We enjoyed hiking and a picnic lunch by Lake Bonito on the 4th.  It was great fun; however, most of the other visitors to the area had the same idea, and it was a pretty crowded place to be... but a pleasant day was had by all.


While the gang was here we also shopped, played cards, and enjoyed many tasty meals together.  We had one very fun (but very soggy) round of putt putt golf, as well.  I imagine that the 6 of us huddled in a cave on the 15th hole while the rain pelted the other patrons must have been quite a sight! 

It was a bitter-sweet camping run for Amy and her bunch as they were taking their last turn in their camper.  With the kids' busy schedules, they find that there is precious little time left for family camping trips right now.  They had listed their RV on the market a few months ago and, just before coming out to visit us, learned that they had received a viable offer.  No worries, though; for in life one must never say 'Never!'  Camping is in their blood, and I predict that Amy and her lovely family will camp again another day!

Oh!  Denny and I want to introduce you all to our new dog, Rusty.  I found him while I was out shopping one day with Amy and the girls.  Denny and I like the fact that Rusty doesn't need to be walked in the wee hours, require a special diet, or chew on our sandals.  This little metal fellow is just the ticket for us right now!


Yes, that is a knit sweater about his shoulders, and yes, I did make it for him.  I know, I know... I have really gone 'round the bend!!  And I am so new to the '50's!!!!  Pray for me - or, more importantly, for Denny!

Until next time... Be good, y'all!!

No comments: